Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The other side of loneliness....

It's been a long while since I've posted anything of any sort of relevance on here, and with Thanksgiving tomorrow....might as well get one out. Since it is the holidays (bah-hum-bug), I wanna take the time out to thank everyone that has been there with me. Good and the bad. I realized there are a lot of motherfuckers on here that honestly, shouldn't be breathing. You keep it real with me, I keep it real with you. It's that easy with me. So I wanna thank everyone that kept it 100 since I've been on here. Now....let's start the show.

I was listening to 103Jamz while sitting in traffic today. For those that really know me, I hate sitting in traffic. Anyway, the radio host Chris Caliente has her little segment called 'Girl Talk.' They were talking about being the other woman during the holidays. It kinda got me thinking about the situation I'm in. A few ladies shared their stories, but one female in particular I could relate to. I've been kinda with this married woman for the past 2 years. The way we came about was completely unexpected. I wasn't trying to get at her and she wasn't trying to get at me. We really just happened. Anyway, the caller went on to talk about how it was hard for her during the holidays because eventhough she got gifts....she couldn't be with the person she loved, therefore she was lonely during the holiday season. She was 'with' this man for 2 years and he was going through some things with his wife. The caller thought he was gonna leave his wife, but it never happened. (This is the only difference with me. I only hoped she would leave this dude, but I never at any point actually thought she was gonna leave him. At least I was a realist about the whole thing.) I felt kinda bad for her because she still has feelings for this dude.

Eventhough you know you're entering a fucked up situation, it's still hard to move on especially when feelings are involved. That's why it's so hard for me to find someone else because in my mind, no one can make me feel the way she does. A couple of you know because we've talked about it. So I wanna ask these questions for everyone.


Have you ever been the 'other person' in a relationship? If so, were there any benefits?

What do you think are the benefits/downfalls to being the 'other person' in a relationship?









1 comment:

The Pretty Brown Girl said...

I have been the "other woman" before and there are NO benefits to it. NONE. All it does is chip away at your self-esteem. You make more and more excuses to compromise the best of what you are and before you know it, there is nothing of you left. It is one of the worst situations in which to be ever in life.